The Art Galleries of Catalonia (Galeries d’Art de Catalunya – GAC) is a non-profit-making institution, founded in 1970, which takes as aims the diffusion and promotion of the Visual Arts so much in the territory as the foreigner and the defense of the work of the galleries of art and the artists. We promote different activities (GAC Prizes , Days of Art and Galerism, Autumn of the Art, etc) as well as campaigns of promotion to arouse of transverse form to the citizenship on the core paper of the galleries inside the cultural fabric of a country.
- Defense opposite to institutions and other groups.
- Defense in cases of practising professionally without qualifications and bad practice that the members of a guild denounce.
- To take part in the Assemblies and debates that are organized.
- To announce your gallery in the Guide of the Galleries edited with Tourism of Barcelona.
- Legal and fiscal Advice.
- Information of subsidies for fairs of art, catalogues of exhibitions, computer science…
- To promote your gallery en GAC’s website (www.galeriescatalunya.com) and its social networks (facebook, instagram, twitter), as in GAC’s app published in Apple and Google Play platforms.
- To take part in days and informative seminars that the GAC organizes on legal and commercial topics that concern the sector gallery owner.
- Admission free or discounts to different Museums with the membership card:
- To export works of art not capable of forming a part of the National wealth with a simple document dress well issued from our institution and without happening for the Headquarter of Heritage.
- To be represented in the Advice of the Arts and the ICIC, between others Institutions.
- The possibility of taking part in the Night of the Galerisme and the Autumn of the Art.
- To be beneficiary of the agreement signed with Grupo Galilea to enjoy special prices in itinerarnt work’s assurance and other products.
These are some of the benefits you can enjoy today. But the most important is that thanks to our strict admission process, we ensure the professionalism of our members. So, by extension, being a member of Art Galleries of Catalonia is a seal of quality for your clients and the public institutions that organise grants and aid.
The application process is as follows:
a) The Art Galleries of Catalonia application form must be sent to the Secretary, Maribel Navarro Cortés, at email@example.com with the following content:
- Expressing the desire to join.
- Attaching a photocopy of the Business Activities Tax (IAE) or a copy of the census declaration that shows registration as a business in the art gallery sector.
b) In addition, it will state:
- Gallery name
- Telephone and fax
- Director’s name
- Director’s personal telephone number
- Gallery foundation date
- Months of operation and gallery opening hours
- To collect the fees, the following bank details will be provided:
- Name of the bank
- Current account holder and their tax number
- Account number (IBAN)
- The bank will be informed of the authorisation to pay the fees
The price scheme is as follows:
a) REGISTRATION FEE: Due to the special circumstances regarding the economic crisis caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, the normal registration fee (€500) will be reduced to €0 for all art galleries that join before 31 December 2020.
b) MONTHLY FEE: From the first month, associates will pay €44.
If you require further information, you can contact our headquarters. Opening hours are from 9:30 am to 2 pm and 2:30 to 5 pm, Monday to Friday. You will be attended by Jordi Pijoan-López, manager of the institution (tel. 93 216 00 03).